The Lesage School, businessactivity of the company Lesage Paris, hereinafter “Lesage Paris” cares highly about your privacy and data protection.
We are committed to offering the highest standards of products and services. Our existing and prospective customers are extremely important to us, and we are determined to give your personal data the best possible protection.
We have implemented a data protection programme that incorporates the stringent principles set forth in the GDPR. This programme:
- Adopts internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations governing data protection;
- Implements appropriate technical and organisational measures for applying data protection principles.
2. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONNAL DATA?
The Website is managed by Lesage Paris, who should be considered to be the controller.
If you wish to contact us, please refer to the section entitled “How to contact Lesage Paris for your privacy queries” below.
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND HOW?
Information we obtain indirectly about you. information about you are collected indirectly when you visit the Website. From a technical point of view, this information is required to ensure the functionality of the Website, enhance your navigation experience and generate statistics with the aim of improving our services:
- Technical information, such as IP addresses and cookies, associated with your navigation on our Website, for connection purposes and for identifying your country/city through geolocation:
- Information concerning the data associated with your use of the Website (e.g. monitoring your browsing history on the Website).
In particular, our Website does not target minors under the age of 15. However, if we inadvertently collect information on minors, their lawful representative may exercise their rights in their name and on their behalf at any time (see below).
4. WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We are likely to use your personal data to enable you to browse our Website, as well as access to a booking form, allowing you to make a physical or phone appointment with a member of the Lesage School team for any information concerning the needs of any future student.
5. HOW DO WE JUSTIFY THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Our reason for processing your personal data is based on our duty to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
We may also need to process your personal data for our legitimate business/commercial interests to satisfy your queries and questions.
6. TO WHOM ARE WE LIABLE TO DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Within the Lesage Paris Organization.
Your personal data will only be available to a limited number of people on a need-to-know basis as part of their activities (e.g. the IT Department will have access to your personal data).
Outside of the Lesage Paris Organization.
Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties, except for service providers acting on Lesage Paris’s behalf under a secure contractual agreement including strict data protection obligations. In particular, we will disclose your personal data to service providers and suppliers helping us to operate the Website, carry out our business activities, provide the services and ensure the security and integrity of our activities (including IT support, maintenance and security providers, hosting providers, and so on).
We may also be required to disclose personal data to third parties at the request of authorised authorities in pursuance of applicable laws and regulations. We may also need to transfer personal data to another legal entity in case of a collaborative arrangement, joint venture, reorganisation, change in legal status or any other similar event. If our company is merged or sold, your personal data will be permanently transferred to our successor.
7. DATA TRANSFERRED ABROAD
Applicable legal and regulatory requirements are taken into consideration before any cross-border transfer of your data.
Any data transfers outside your country will be protected by appropriate contractual guarantees, which will also be in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
A copy of these documents may be sent to you on request.
8. FOR HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data will be retained no longer than necessary in order to fulfill your request.
Cookies managed by Lesage Paris are stored for up to 12 months.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
- Right of access and information: you have the right to be informed about how your personal data are processed in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible form. You also have (i) the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal data are being processed and, if applicable, (ii) the right to access your personal data and obtain a copy.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to obtain the rectification of your personal data. You also have the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
- Right to erasure: you have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data. However, this is not an absolute right, and we may have legal or legitimate reasons for retaining your data.
- Right to restriction of processing: in some cases, you have the right to obtain the restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from us. This right only applies if the processing of your personal data is based on consent or a contract and if processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to object to processing: you have the right to object to processing of your personal data where processing is based on our legitimate interest. However, we may demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for continuing to process your personal data. You also have the right to object at any time to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
To exercise the above rights, please contact us via the channels provided below and communicate the following information: name, surname, e-mail or any other information necessary to confirm your identity in order for us to process the request (such as your postal address).
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority in case of breach of the applicable privacy laws and regulations, in particular the GDPR but also any other national or regional privacy laws applicable to you.
10. WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE AND HOW CAN YOU OBJECT TO THEM?
Cookies contain data that a web site can transfer to your web browser and that is stored on your computer system. For instance, cookies placed on your system improve your online experience by enabling us to save your preferences.
- compile statistics and determine the relative volumes of traffic in order to improve the relevance and ease of use of the services we offer;
- provide you with suitable services and browsing by customising your user interface;
- communicate information to other web sites, media partners and social networks in order to send you relevant promotional and advertising messages matching your interests (third-party cookies).
We more particularly use the following cookies:
|Type of cookie||Necessary cookie/technical cookie||Analytics cookie|
|Purpose of the cookie||These cookies are essential to the normal operation of our Site and enable you to use certain parts of it. For instance, they let you navigate between different parts of the Site, fill in forms, purchase products online, etc. If you refuse these cookies, certain parts of the Site will not work or will work only partially.||These cookies let us recognise visitors to our Site, count them and identify the way they browse. This helps us improve user browsing and ensure they can find what they are looking for more easily and quickly.|
In particular, we use Google Analytics on our Site.
|Name of the cookie||
|Own cookie/third-party cookie||Own Cookie||Google Analytics for every 5|
|Storage period||12 months||12 months for every 5|
We may also collect your IP address in an abbreviated and unreadable form that cannot identify you.
If you wish to configure your browser in such a way as to disable the installation of cookies, follow the instructions below:
For Mozilla Firefox: select the “Tools” menu then “Options”. Click the “mentions” icon, locate the “Cookies” menu and select your preferred options.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and later versions: select the “Tools” menu then “Internet options”. Click the “mentions” tab and select the desired level with the slider.
For Opera 6.0 and later versions: in the “File” menu, select “Preferences” then click “mentions” and select the desired options.
For Safari: in the Safari menu, select “Preferences” then click “Security” and select the desired options.
For Google Chrome: select the Chrome menu then “Settings” and click “Advanced settings”. In the mentions section, choose “Content settings”, then in the “Cookies” part you can select your options.
Be aware that the fact of restricting cookies can adversely affect your user experience and prevent you from using parts of our web site.
11. HOW TO CONTACT LESAGE SCHOOL FOR ANY QUESTION CONCERNING DATA PROTECTION
To exercise your rights please send your request to:
By mail: writing to Lesage Paris, 20 rue du Cheval Blanc, 93500 Pantin, France
By email: [email protected]
By phone: calling at +33 (0)1 49 15 11 00